The core of our practice is transactional. We have extensive experience in both acquisitions and disposals, whether for development or investment. Our expertise also covers options, conditional contracts, trusts, easements, wayleaves, and tax. In addition, the practice still deals with unregistered land on a regular basis, and so can advise with confidence in an area where expertise is becoming increasingly rare.
In a marketplace where deadlines are an increasing pressure on transactions, Land Law advises its clients in an efficient yet thorough manner. The incisive approach and commercial experience of our lawyers allows the firm to pre-empt issues before they arise, allowing for a swift transaction.
Our unique client portal is instrumental in this streamlined approach to transactions. A sales or letting pack can be uploaded to the portal. Purchasers, funders, agents and lawyers can then securely access the pack from anywhere in the world, doing away with cumbersome and easily misplaced email attachments.
Recent transactional work includes:
- Conducting a £29m sale of industrial properties, including drafting bespoke rent top up provisions and liaising with foreign counsel.
- Advising on a £14m disposal of a residential development site to two parties, making provision for the differing requirements of the two buyers.
- A £17m disposal of multiple investment properties within a short timeframe, while also negotiating terms with outgoing banks.
- A £2.6m purchase for investment of a property comprised of both retail and office units and subject to nine occupational leases.
- The £4m disposal of an office block involving complex tax issues (including VAT, TOGC provisions, Capital Allowances and TUPE) on a tight timetable.
- A £2.3m sale of a politically sensitive site involving complicated title and environmental issues.