Our highly experienced team deals with all aspects of the day-to-day running of our clients’ property holdings. We offer proactive and commercial strategic advice and we like to be involved at an early stage, ideally before heads of terms are finalised, as we can often add value by identifying potential issues at an early stage and helping to resolve them before they create a sticking point.
We deal with all aspects of buying, selling, leasing and management of property and we advise on the property aspects of our clients’ corporate acquisitions and disposals. We pride ourselves on offering a comprehensive service to the property industry.
Our wide client base includes multi-national chemicals and life sciences corporations, motor dealerships, property developers and investors, landed estates, asset managers and lending institutions.
Recent transactions include:
- Dealing with the disposal of UK property assets as part of GE’s radical restructuring to focus on its core industrial businesses, which included GE selling its global real estate investment and finance portfolio for about $23 billion
- Advising our client on its set-up and operation of an innovation village aimed at developing mutually beneficial relationships with like-minded businesses and providing start-up incubator space
- Restructuring our client’s prime retail centre, requiring introduction of a new service charge regime and steps to maximize development opportunities and income whilst preserving leasing arrangements with existing occupiers
- Advising on the property implications of group company restructurings, including preparing to roll out standardised applications for consents to assignment and property alterations
- Considering various proposals for lettings of parts of a client’s operational industrial estate with a view to our client benefitting from an improved income stream while retaining the flexibility to continue and develop its own operations on the retained parts of its estate