We are currently recruiting for a paralegal to help expand our transactional team. Candidates should have a strong academic record and hold either a recognised law degree or a graduate diploma in law. Good organisational and communication skills are essential. Duties will include:
- Setting up and managing property information portals for clients;
- Ordering conveyancing searches;
- Assisting other lawyers in the team with their transactions;
- Dealing with licences and low value transactions under the supervision of senior lawyers in the team;
- Taking responsibility for post-completion matters, including preparing stamp duty land tax returns and land registry applications.
Full training will be provided, but a prior knowledge of some property law and conveyancing practice will be an advantage.
We also offer those paralegals who show that they are committed to working in the field of commercial property and who demonstrate an aptitude for the work the opportunity to progress to a trainee solicitor position, so we expect the vacancy will be of interest to candidates who have completed the legal practice course but not yet secured a training contract.
The role is full time based at our offices in Altrincham Town Centre. Interested candidates should send their CV along with a covering email to: email@example.com
Please note, whilst we generally use agencies, for this appointment we will only be considering applications which come direct from candidates without an intermediary.